BABSSCo English with Style at Heathfield School
14 - 17 year olds girls only.
Heathfield is a unique school - the only small, all girls, day and boarding school in England. Founded in 1899, originally to educate daughters of the upper classes, over the years it has been home to young ladies from some of the world's best known families, including daughters of royalty. Heathfield is now a school which combines tradition with twenty first century education and facilities. Past pupils become highflying business women, lawyers, academics, artists, designers and journalists.
Heathfield is now sharing the expertise that has helped create the self-confidence and charm of these young women. English with Style has been designed for girls to learn more about modern manners, behaviour and style while developing their fluency in English. We aim to help raise girls' self-esteem and contribute to their personal development in preparation for the adult world.
English with Style includes all lessons, workshops and activities, airport transfers, accommodation, meals and travel insurance.
The course takes place in the fourth and final week of the Heathfield Summer School programme. Attending one or more weeks of General English and Activities before the course is obligatory. Places are strictly limited so early booking is advised.
Courses and workshops will be taught by Heathfield teachers and outside professional tutors.
The course includes 15 hours of English - general English in classroom lessons and special groups. All other activities will be aimed at improving girls' understanding and use of English in everyday situations and in interviews.
Students must have a spoken level of English that is Upper Intermediate or higher - B2 on the Common European Framework, 5 plus on IELTS or Cambridge First Certificate level. If a student is booked on the course and her English is not of the correct level, we reserve the right to keep her in the General English course and no refund of the difference in fees will be made.
Activities from the following list will be included:
- Modern Manners and Social Graces
- Making Canapés and Appetisers for a party
- Flower Craft - designing and making an eye-catching table arrangement or a corsage
Image and style workshops
- Fashion design and textile workshop
- First Impressions & Body Language - making a good impression when meeting people and in interviews
- Dressing effectively - creating your own style, choosing colours, having a positive body image
- Make-up - discreet application for day and evening
- Hair - different ways to style your hair
- Skin care - skin analysis, facials and manicures
- Yoga - relaxing exercises for fitness and posture
- Dance, aerobics or the fitness suite - for fun and fitness
- Nutrition - healthy eating for young people
Culture and Fun
- British Art & Literature
- A trip to London - including a visit to an Art Gallery
- Traditional Afternoon Tea in a Hotel
- Welcome disco dance and end of course party
- Meeting and mixing with English Student Assistants
Students must have a spoken level of English that is Upper Intermediate or higher - B2 on the Common European Framework, 5 plus on IELTS or Cambridge first Certificate level. If a student who is booked on the course and her English is not of the correct level, we reserve the right to amend her course to the English + Activity course and no refund of the difference in fees will be made.
- Everything is Included
- > All English Lessons
- > Full Assessment of your Child's English
- > Progress Monitoring
- > End of Course Oral Test
- > Course Text Books & Materials
- > All Activities & Excursions
- > A Full Social Programme
- > Airport Transfers*
- > Accommodation
- > All Meals & Snacks
- > Course Certificate
- > Academic Report
- > Photograph
- > Insurance